MyTelemedicine Patient Care Coordinator
Provide distant patient and professional consultations, telephone triage and documentation throughout applications. Speaks on the phone to patients, clients, or consumers, assisting them in determining the urgency of care needed, scheduling consultations with providers. The goal is to reduce unnecessary visits to the clinic and emergency department and provide information for self-care and symptom management.
- Always displays a professional behavior (manner, dress, language, treating all patients equally, limiting personal information shared with the patient.)
- Greets all patients equally in a professional manner, exhibiting friendliness, concern, and courtesy.
- Reacts in a positive manner to customer/patient concerns (i.e. remains calm and displays empathy).
- Identifies self by name when answering telephone.
- Politely asks caller to hold and waits for an affirmative response before placing call on hold.
- When scheduling a consultation, repeat the contact phone number, time frame of consultation, and reminder of physician call coming from 800 number.
- When scheduling a consultation, documentation of all PHI will be required. (Height, weight , current & past medications, current & past medical conditions, surgery history & family history)
- Documentation of patient symptoms and details.
- Determines the appropriate physician for patient consultations and assigns once accepted by physician.
- Follows through in a timely manner on patient requests.
- Records and maintains complete and accurate records of patient and physician communications regarding follow ups &/or prescription assistance.
- Works with physicians, nurses/medical assistants and patients to resolve questions concerning medications, health education and medical advice within skill level and scope of practice.
- Works with physicians, nurses/medical assistants and patients to access the urgency of patient problems.
- Assists the patient by scheduling the appropriate type of consultation, as needed.
- Records and maintains complete and accurate documentation of all patient and physician encounters.
- Assists in the development, maintenance, revision and evaluation of service protocols.
- Utilizes relevant data, such as medical records and patient complaints, observations and listening skills, to identify and resolve patient care problems.
- Informs Patient Care Manager or coordinator when potential problem is communicated by patient regarding physician-patient relationship or regarding patient concern with care/services rendered.
- Keeps all patient information confidential, including staff and providers who are patients.
- Maintains patient confidentiality, including staff and providers who are patients, in discussing pertinent information that may be needed by fellow staff members.
- Maintains discretion in reporting patient information to appropriate staff.
- Refers unusual circumstances appropriately to manager/supervisor for immediate review.
- Make an effort to accommodate the customer/patient. Displays awareness and a helpful, can-do attitude when addressing needs of others.
- Adheres to MyTelemedicine policies as stated in the Employee Handbook regarding working hours, lunch breaks, parking and all other policies.
- Accepts responsibility for attending Security and HIPAA training.
- Works independently without direct supervision. Able to recognize when to involve manager/supervisor and readily does so.
- Education: Medical Assistant Certification, Certified Nurse Aid
- Language: English, Spanish (Required)
- Previous Experience: Clinical experience is preferred
- Initial Training: 2 weeks, on-going as needed/required
- Judgment: Planning, initiative required-must be able to recognize and identify patient’s symptoms and use appropriate professional judgment on course of action.
- Skills: Good history-taking; quick, accurate assessments; accurate and complete documentation; strong computer skills; good organizational skills.
- All shifts available – 24 hours
- Scrub Allowance
- Benefit Packages available (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Opportunity for advancement
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Uniform allowance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
- Are you available to work weekends?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person